Purple for Polio
Planting of Crocus Bulbs for World Polio Day
Date & Location
- Date: 24th October 2018
- Venue: War Memorial 10 a.m.
Brigg Rotary Club Purple4Polio 2018 Appeal,
You can help in four ways;
1. Become a polio champion by buying some crocuses, 10 for a £1 and getting orders from anyone else you know! For those businesses buying at least 100 crocuses we will plant a plaque when they flower in late February acknowledging your generous support. We are selling the crocuses this coming Thursday under the bandstand, in the market place and the next two Saturday mornings. Come along and meet us and buy some!
2. On October 24 it is World Polio Day and Brigg Rotary are celebrating that day with a small event at the War Memorial starting at 10am with the Mayor of Brigg in attendance to mark the occasion. There will be a celebratory planting of crocuses too.
3. Help us by volunteering to plant crocuses that Local Councils and businesses have bought, on Saturday, October 27, around Brigg and local villages. You may have seen them on the verges for the past two years. We will be planting in the morning starting at 10am and in the afternoon from 1.30pm. Meeting points to be notified nearer the time.
3. Please contact us if you can help at all by emailing email@example.com or phoning 07519 330432 or by popping into Brigg Tourist Centre and leaving your contact details
The crocuses are purple because it is the colour we dip the children’s finger after vaccinating them, then, before we leave their village, we get all the children to come together and ask them to put their hands in the air so that we can see who we have missed.
We really hope that you will support us and be part of history in the making so that polio is eradicated forever.