Brigg Town Market Accessibility Statement
This is the official accessibility statement for Brigg Town Market Web site. If you have any questions or comments, please email the webmaster.
Web accessibility focuses on ensuring all users, regardless of their physical and mental capability, are able to access the content and services on a particular website which adhere to the following guidelines:
- The W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) www.w3.org
- The Disability Discrimination Act - www.disability.gov.uk/dda
At Brigg Town Council, we are working towards complying with Priority 1, 2 and 3 of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages within this site adhere to HTML5 and CSS 2.0 rules.
The main pages in this site can be navigated using ‘Access Keys’. Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site.
- PC: hold down Alt
- Mac: hold down Ctrl
- Firefox 2: hold down Alt and Shift
Then press one of the keys listed below:
- Access Key h = Home Page
- Access Key b = Brigg Town Council
- Access Key a = The Angel Suite
- Access Key c = Commnunity
- Access Key m = Brigg Markets
- Access Key e = Events
- Access Key u = Contact Us
All pages are designed using semantic mark-up such as <h1> and <h2> tags for headings and sub-headings, <ul> and <li> tags for the navigation etc.
You can adjust the size of the type by using the resizing buttons at the top right of the page next to the search, or by following these instructions:
- PC / Internet Explorer 6 From the top menu bar, select View and point to Text size
- PC / Internet Explorer 7 From the menu bar underneath the search field, select Page and point to Text size
- PC / other browsers Increase text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press + Decrease text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press -
- Mac / all browsers Increase text size: Hold down the Command key and press + Decrease text size: Hold down the Command key and press -